Tuesday, August 16, 2011

the story

I know I have handed out many card with my FAS story, but i thought maybe i should also put it up on my blog. 


 My name is Erin, and I am an adult with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

And this is the story behind the jewelry and why it’s the way it is. 



The reason why there are wrong colored beads  in my jewelry is to show that I may look perfect on the outside but on the inside I’m not



Let me tell you a little bit about myself,

A few summers ago while watching TV with my mom a commercial

Came on for a show called “I didn’t know I was pregnant” and my mom said I know Your old enough to know this now, but your birth mom didn’t know she was Pregnant with you, due to all the years she had been drinking.



It took me days, even weeks to process this, I really didn’t know how to feel

I had two choices, one to be angry and wonder why God didn’t let her know she was Pregnant with me, so maybe she would stop. Or consider my life a miracle, and thank God for protecting me the months I was in her.  So that’s what chose.  God is amazing.

I have had many difficulties going up with FAS.  The learning aspect, and the social Aspect.

Due to the effects of FAS I have only reached 4’8” in height.  I am blind in my

Right eye. and am unable to drive because of it But that hasn’t stopped me from accomplishing other things like making and selling my jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment